FAQ Q288: Will Planyo work together with my other apps?
Planyo was developed with the idea of having a very open system which can interact with other applications/systems. We have therefore a number of possibilities, most of which don't require any development:
- If you'd like to import data to/from another system manually (on a one-time basis): in Site Settings you'll find link to the import pages which all use the standard CSV file format (e.g. Excel). We don't expect a fixed CSV format, rather you give meaning to each column by giving specific names to the header row. See the specific FAQ questions for the bulk import of: resources (Q241), reservations (Q285) and users (Q289). If you'd like to export data to another system, then for users and resources there's a convenient export function and for the reservations you should create a CSV report, here you can user a number of filters/options to export only the necessary data.
- If you use another calendar-based system, either where the customers can enter reservations or one used by your staff, etc. the reservations and availability information can be easily synchronised via the industry-standard iCal feeds. This format is used by virtually all calendar-based software (including Google Calendar, Outlook, Apple iCal, AirBnb and many others). See Q263 for specific information about this.
- Use of our our existing extensions. For example you can use the QuickBooks / Xero extensions to integrate with accounting software, Salesforce® extension for CRM, MailChimp for newsletters, Google Calendar for the calendar app, and many more. See a full listing of our extensions here.
- If you can't find a dedicate extension, try our Zapier extension. Zapier is a very clever way to combine different cloud-based apps so that they can work together via the corresponding APIs without having to develop dedicated integrations between each single app. Zapier serves as the middle-man and allows different apps to talk to each other, and you never need to do any development to make this happen. With hundreds of existing integrations for Zapier, you're likely to find the desired extension.
- Use our powerful RESTful open API and Webhooks if you want most flexibility and 100% automation of all imaginable tasks. We have api functions and webhooks (event callbacks) for almost all the functions available via our UI. This is the recommended integration method if you have particular requirements or if the other system you want to connect with Planyo doesn't use standard formats (ical / csv etc.). See the API documentation for details and to get your API key. We also have a playground where you can easily test the different API functions.